Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gratitude For Fellowship

I am filled with gratitude today.  Gratitude for all of my blessings, but especially the fellowship that I am a part of.

I like to start my week on a Sunday night by attending a first step meeting.  It helps me to remember that I am an alcoholic and an addict and exactly how I got to where I am.  This past Sunday night the "We" part of my program really hit me.  I was sitting in a group of about 12 or 14 of my fellow recovering people.  As each person shared, I realized that I had felt, thought, or done exactly what each one had talked about.  A fourteen year old boy -- yes fourteen! -- was attending his first ever meeting.  He said, "I was watching Dr. Phil one day and someone on the show told my story."  I told him, "If you stick around here long enough you will find that everyone  will eventually tell your story."

This is just one more example of how I am Never Alone, and for this I am continually grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment